My Birthday Wish
ALERT: THANK YOU EVERYONE!
This year, instead of gifts, I am choosing to raise money for the charity organization Orangutan Outreach. Orangutans are one of my favorite animals and they simply need our help. Orangutan Outreach is a terrific organization that works hard to protect orangutans, raise awareness, and protect their rainforest home.
There are 8 main objectives of Orangutan Outreach. To help you understand the charity better, here they are courtesy of RedApes.org:
- To protect orangutans in their native habitat.
- To raise and promote public awareness of, and participation in, conservation strategies for orangutans through grassroots campaigns, community involvement and global communication.
- To collaborate with Indonesian conservationists in the running of orangutan rehabilitation centers.
- To fund rescue efforts of orangutans confiscated on palm oil plantations.
- To fund rescue efforts of orangutans held illegally by private owners, whether commercial or individual, who are in direct violation of CITES.
- To collaborate with zoos and animal parks in North America to promote awareness of orangutan conservation efforts.
- To use the Internet to provide orangutan-related curriculum materials free of charge.
- To fundraise locally and globally to support these goals.
How You Can Help My Birthday Wish Come True
My goal is to raise $250 by the 24th of January. However, I would love it if we could beat that goal. You can find out more information and a link to donate by visiting my birthday wish Cause page through Facebook. Not a friend on Facebook with me? Connect with me and make a donation! What are you waiting for?
Birthday Wish Update
I’ve already raised $50 of the $250 to meet my goal. Every bit counts. Donations of all sizes are welcome, with a $10 minimum. Reach out and save an orangutan! (:(|)} Help the Cause today!
My Birthday Wish Update 2 (Sunday 23 January 2011)
Wow! It has been an amazing 10.5 days raising money for Orangutan Outreach, spreading their mission, and seeing all the birthday wishes coming in. Tomorrow is the last day, but I have been blown away by the results so far!
Here is the latest update on the goal:
There is still time to donate to the cause, let’s see how much money we can raise! Thanks again to all my friends and family for donating. It truly means a lot to me, as helping to save the Orangutan and their habitat is a cause that I work to help as much as I possibly can.
Thank you to all my friends and family for the overwhelming birthday wishes and cheer today. On top of that, I want to thank those who donated to my cause and helped me reach and surpass my goal of raising $250. What a great feeling! Until next year, thank you agin everyone!